GreenHopper Rank Field explanation

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

As per the following Knowledge Base Article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Difference+between+Global+Rank+and+Rank

It explains that "As for the Global Rank field, this is an extra field used on Rapid board."

Hence, is it safe to delete other fields and just make use of the Rank field solely for GreenHopper?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2013

There can be more than one field of type 'Global Rank', each board can specify which one to use in the board filter. Be careful not to delete rank fields that might be used by boards.

Cheers,
Shaun

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

hi ahmad.

in the 6.0m06 i only see "Rank" as a customfield. i believe this is the only relevant one.

reading the field description of Global Rank makes me think that this one was introduced with GH Labs Rapidboard function. i might be wrong

Suggest an answer