GreenHopper Manage Boards Issues with different Project Workflows in Jira

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2013

We installed Greenhopper and created a Development Board under Agile pulldown

We can drag and drop Jira issues but the problems is some of the issues do not have the same workflows since they are in different projects.

1.What is the best way to accomplish a single view of multiple projects with different workflows?

2. Do we have to select on one agreed upon workflow?

3. Not all projects have the heading below so Drag & Dropping the Jira Issues would not work since the compenents of the project have a different workflow step.

Has any one accomplished using Greenhopper with multiple workflows & projects?

• To Do

• Ready for Development

• In Development

• Blocked

• In Review

• Done

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taber Loveless
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

I have a single rapid board which includes multiple projects with 2 different workflows (one wf for "Support" and another wf for "WebDev" and "DeviceDev").

I setup my rapid board to include all the columns I wanted for the workflow with the larger number of status and then mapped the status from the workflow with fewer status (support) onto the 'most appropriate' columns available.

Jira applies the correct workflow when interacting with an issue (wf assigned to the issues project):

• Open (support: Open)
  • Ready Plan
  • In Plan
  • Ready Dev
  • In Dev / FailedQA (support: InProgress)
  • Ready QA
  • In QA
  • Ready Release (support: Resolved)
  • Closed (support: Closed)
KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2013

Do you have custom fields in your workflows for each different project? It seems we cannot drag & drop on the columns and get no popup

Suggest an answer