Green hopper 5.9.8 adding as plugin

harish Kumar September 30, 2012

Hi,

I have taken mysql backup from 4.4.4 jira i.e production in that instance we have GH 5.7.Now we need to upgrade JIRA to 5.0.7 and GH 5.9.8.The thing i installed new set up jira 4.4.4 and imported mysql dump in jira and stop and stop the jira by default i can agile tab in jira 4.4.4. But when i upgrade jira to 5.0.7 i cant see agile tab so what i performed is downloded 5.9.8 GH and again upload.I want to know how this activity need to perform but when i noticed there is changes in count of tables also.please guide how this activity needs to perform so that i can proceed same steps in our production machine.

1 answer

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2012

Hi Harish,

Could you try doing an XML backup of your JIRA 4.4.4 (Administration > Backup data to XML) and restoring that XML using the JIRA UI on a clean JIRA 5.0.7 instance?

After that, you can go to the plugins screen and install the latest compatible Greenhopper.

Hope that helps,

Marcus Silveira

harish Kumar October 5, 2012

Should we manullay install greenhopper plugin in JIRA 5.0.7?i think by default in JIRA 4.4.4 we get GH in system plugins?

Suggest an answer