Granular Admin Permissions

AgilePM June 17, 2013

Is there any way to restrict admin permissions in a granular way? For instance, one group of users should be able to add users and create new projects but cannot install / update plugins. I have tried separating 'System Administrators' and 'Administrators' but the Administrator role still has too much power.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2013

Nope. System Admins, Jira Admins, <huge gap>, Project Admins, Ordinary users. That's your lot.

See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3156 for the main request to divide up permissions better. Vote, watch, suggest and hassle Atlassain!

0 votes
AgilePM June 19, 2013

OK - This is what I have uncovered by searching online.

My fix for this issue was to edit the default project roles for all new projects to exclude Jira-Users (group everyone gets) and to only include the common groups who always need access (Business users, IT Users, Development folks, etc.). For additional users who need access (ad-hoc) they are added manually to the project under User Role.

Suggest an answer