Granting permissions to issues based on a custom user field

Jay Viglione October 31, 2017

I am trying to find the best way to handle a permission issue with our new JIRA system.

We have a Sales Team and Sales Engineering Team which need visibility of all tickets for their customers.  Based on the customer selected an individual from these teams has their value set in two custom user field.

Sales Rep and Support Rep

What I would like to be able to do is grant permission for them to view the issue via the customer portal and be able to see the ticket details and make comments.

I am just unsure what the cleanest way is to manage this.  Issue Security seems like a possible method but seems like it would require quite a bit of work.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

Hello, 

You can create a user custom field and then grant it browse projects permission in the permission scheme for the project. User custom fields also can be used in permission schemes. Kindly read more about permission schemes here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Suggest an answer