Grant right to create user to admin of a project

Coralie Fontaine December 19, 2013

Hello !

I'm trying to find if there is any way for me to delegate the right to the admin group (or users) of a specific projet to create new users in Jira.

My issue is that I have a team that handles "warranty claims" from our customers and not all of the customers are in Jira. When they raise an issue by phone - and if they are not in Jira already - my team needs to create the user in jira before beeing able to add it as a Watcher (for them to receive notifications on what's goin on with their claim).
Is there any way to do that ? Obviously, I don't want my warranty management team to be administrators of our all JIRA projects that's why a need a way for them to create users without beeing global admins.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2013

I'm afraid not. In Jira, maintaining users is restricted to administrators.

There are options - you can use external systems to maintain users (Crowd, LDAP and so-on). Another trick might be to enable Jira to create users when they send it email. I've used the script runner plugin to generate users as well. But I'm afraid you might be a bit stuck with OnDemand,

Suggest an answer