Grant permissions or access by group

Greg Kavalec July 27, 2016

I have added test user Greg Ohio to the Ohio-users group.

I have gone into the Ohio project and added Ohio-users to the Service Desk Customers role.

Greg Ohio logs in and still gets...

> Well this is awkward.

> You need to be invited to a project to start working in JIRA Service Desk. Ask the person who created your account to add you to a project.

What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2016

Customers don't get project level access, they only get to use the portal - does that work ok for Greg?

If you want him to have project access, rather than portal, you'll need to add the account as a project user, not just a customer.

Greg Kavalec July 27, 2016

Answer, part 1: added Ohio-users to Application Access @ secure/admin/ApplicationAccess.jspa
This get Greg Ohio logged in successfully, but only to the vanilla System Dashboard.

Next step is to get new Ohio user Greg Ohio to be able to open a ticket.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2016

Ok, great, he's now a full JIRA user too, so he has two ways to raise issues.  As a customer, he can use the Service Desk portal.

As a JIRA user, you'll need to make sure he has "create issue" access in the project - check the permission scheme for that.

Suggest an answer