Grant comment while reopening an issue

Yousef Hammouda December 2, 2013

Hi,

I succeeded, using the workflow properties, to forbid editing and commenting a closed issue. I added to the close status the following properties:

Jira.permission.comment = denied

Jira.permission.edit = denied

Jira.issue.editable = false

The only way to get back these permissions is to play a transition called “reopen”.

However, the reopen transition has a comment field which is a mandatory field to save a reason. But with the previous properties, this field is hidden and the mandatory condition ,of course, is always blocking the transaction.

I tried to set some workflow properties on the reopen transition, but without success:

Jira.permission.comment.group = jira-users

How can I get this to work?

Thank you for help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yousef Hammouda January 4, 2014

The previous scenario is not possible, there is no way to control jira-permession-properties via transitions. (it is only possible on jira status or step, wich doesn't solve my problem) (this issue was also viewed with the jira support, and i didn't receive any complete working solution to my case).

(the Jira versions i used while studying this issue: 5.2.11 and 6.2.x)

1 vote
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

You can try using below properties

jira.permission.comment.group=some-group
jira.permission.comment=denied (or) granted
Yousef Hammouda December 3, 2013

Thank you Patina for your response,

but either iam understanding somethig wrong, or doing something the bad way... but there are two places where we can add properties on a workflow:

1- WF transition

2- WF status

when i add jira.permission.comment=denied to the CLOSED status, no comments could be donne on the issue.

but when i add the same jira.permission.comment=denied on the CLOSE transition instead of the previous, nothing happens!!

if i keep the property on the CLOSED status, and i add jira.permission.comment=granted to the REOPEN transition, the workflow will not consider the transition property, and will prevent the user from seeing/modifying the comment field on the REOPEN transtion screen.

What is the difference between the two ways? When the transition properties are concidered? I am a bit stuck here :(

Thanks,

Yousef

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

For me also in WF trasition properties it is not working. In WF ststus we can use properties to restrict user/group to edit/comment the issue.

Suggest an answer