Grant Access to current issue through user list (custom field)

Maxime Masson October 22, 2019

Hi

I am currently working on a project in JIRA (V.7.4.4....yes yes will soon update to 7.13).

We are facing a problem and I can't quite figure out a great solution. We're looking for a way to grant access to a specific issue to specific users.

I'm thinking of adding a custom field (multiple user selection) and link a script which will listen to the field and grant access to the current issue for all the users listed in the field.

Is this something possible ? I read quite a lot of the Power Scripts documentation and can't find anything yet.

Thank you !

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2019

Hi Maxime,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It's possible to allow the user to see a ticket using only a custom field. I'm not sure, but I don't think it will be necessary to use a script for that, only if you need to automate this.

If you don't mind making this manually, you can use the custom field and when you see that it's necessary to give the access to a user, you can manually search and add them using a user picker field.

You can find the steps in the article below:

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer