Got the error on skill gap

Farid Shiafetdinov August 11, 2017

JIRA Stories are not estimated in JIRA Portfolio as I got this error:

IGC TEST - Portfolio for JIRA - Nordea Issue Plan and Tracker

This work item requires stages or skills that none of the assignable people have. Either make sure the relevant people have all necessary abilities in team management, or remove the stage and skill requirements by refining the estimates allocation for this work item.

I created all required stages and skills and assigned team members to particular stages and skills as well as provided estimates for every type of skill in hours under each story.

But I still got this error message.

Please advise, what could be the reason for this error?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi,

It appears something is missing from the items. It appears there are issues that cannot be completed per the defined skills to allowed time.

You noted that the teams are set up with skills, but is the time alloted to the sprint statis with less hours than are defined possibly? For example:

• Sprint is static time
  • 3 users on team
  • sprint is timed out for 1 day, but there is 5 days of work per the skill
  • so there is technically 2 + days that fall outside the defined team / skill matrix

I would take a look at the Learn stages and skills knowledge base article and verify your settings.

Cheers,

Branden

Farid Shiafetdinov August 17, 2017

Thank you, Branden, I will verify my settings once again.

Suggest an answer