Google Manual Sync / Button disappeared

Jacob ter Horst July 6, 2013

Previously we could sync our users with Google manually. Somehow the button has disappeared and we're not able to manual sync users anymore. We use the on demand version.

Are others experiencing the same problem or are we missing something here?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Guys you should be aware of the new changes in for GApps and OnDemand integration. Now the synce is done automatically once the user is logged-in, you can refer here for more infromation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Changes+to+your+Google+Apps+User+Synchronisation+FAQ

Deleted user July 7, 2013

Yes, this is exactly the information I was refering to. However, it states:

Administrators no longer have to manually sync users or configure the automated synchronisation.

It does not say the feature is removed alltogether in case you want to speed up the process and pull changed from Google Apps to OnDemand.

Jacob ter Horst July 7, 2013

Thanks, that indeed was the newsletter I was searching for.

Martin Pullan July 17, 2013

This schange is a retrograde step - a process that used to take a minute to set up a google apps user in jira now takes 30.

1 vote

I think the newsletter has mentioned something about changing the process, the new user can just login to Jira and an account will be created the first time the user logs in.

0 votes
Deleted user July 7, 2013

Same here, I remember there has been an update from Atlassian about Google Apps integration, mostly to do with removing accounts, but couln't find it any more. I am fairly certain that newsletter did not specifically mention removing the manual syncornization option though.

Hi Piotr, you're right. I think the complete connection with Google ain't working anymore because the users are not synchronized automatically either.

Suggest an answer