It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Google Manual Sync / Button disappeared

Jacob ter Horst Jul 06, 2013

Previously we could sync our users with Google manually. Somehow the button has disappeared and we're not able to manual sync users anymore. We use the on demand version.

Are others experiencing the same problem or are we missing something here?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Guys you should be aware of the new changes in for GApps and OnDemand integration. Now the synce is done automatically once the user is logged-in, you can refer here for more infromation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Changes+to+your+Google+Apps+User+Synchronisation+FAQ

Piotr Gutaker Jul 07, 2013

Yes, this is exactly the information I was refering to. However, it states:

Administrators no longer have to manually sync users or configure the automated synchronisation.

It does not say the feature is removed alltogether in case you want to speed up the process and pull changed from Google Apps to OnDemand.

Jacob ter Horst Jul 07, 2013

Thanks, that indeed was the newsletter I was searching for.

Martin Pullan Jul 17, 2013

This schange is a retrograde step - a process that used to take a minute to set up a google apps user in jira now takes 30.

1 vote

I think the newsletter has mentioned something about changing the process, the new user can just login to Jira and an account will be created the first time the user logs in.

0 votes
Piotr Gutaker Jul 07, 2013

Same here, I remember there has been an update from Atlassian about Google Apps integration, mostly to do with removing accounts, but couln't find it any more. I am fairly certain that newsletter did not specifically mention removing the manual syncornization option though.

Hi Piotr, you're right. I think the complete connection with Google ain't working anymore because the users are not synchronized automatically either.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,448 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you