Google Integration with existing users

Darren Chait February 10, 2015

Hi,

I'd like to turn on Google integration, but want to link my existing JIRA Cloud users to google accounts, rather than create all new JIRA accounts. How can I do this? I.e. we have 10 staff and 5 staff already have JIRA Cloud accounts. How can I match them up to the 5 google accounts, rather than have 15 accounts now (with 5 duplicated).

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2015

Hi Darren,

The new Google Apps integration works as described on [Setting up Google Apps for your site|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Managing+Users+and+Groups+with+Google+Apps]. You can check the link for further information.

You won't need to recreate existing users however you may need to edit their usernames.
Google Apps authentication will work only if the username is same as the first part of the email before the @.

Please check the example below:

This user won't be able to login since username doesn't match first part of the email before the @. Now if I change the username to the one listed following, then login will be successfull.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Suggest an answer