Google Chrome Frame -- has anyone tried?

Alex Nelson June 26, 2012

I'm wondering if Chrome Frame may be easier to get deployed than the full fledged chrome browser.

3 answers

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2012

It's an unsupported platform and there are bugs, e.g. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29032. I wouldn't advice using it in a production setup.

0 votes
christophe August 26, 2012

We are currently testing it

As the chrome frame doesn't change de user agent you still have the warning from Jira.
Well in fact it changes it but adds only some info at the end of user agent string.

We have a more severe issue :
Each time I click on a link which opens a popup (like selecting a filter) the main browser window is closed !

I googled this behavior but I wasn't able to find anyone having this kind of issue with Google Chrome Frame.
So it may be linked to maybe one of our browser policy (maybe).
Which one ? I don't no.
I am no even sure that it may be caused by a policy.

If you could try adding a dashboard and click on the search project popup link and tell me if it works for you, I would be glad to hear if it's working.

0 votes
Alex Nelson June 27, 2012

We tried Chrome Frame with IE7. Jira renders in Chrome, but still yells about IE7 being detected and not supported.

Suggest an answer