Google Authentication not working after 6.5 to 7.0 upgrade

Garreth McDaid August 18, 2015

I'm using JIRA On Demand with Atlassian Cloud.

My users authenticate with Google Apps. Since early today, anyone who has logged out can no longer login. They get an authentication error from the login console.

I can see from the version history on my instance that the JIRA version was upgraded from V6.5 to V7.0 during yesterday.

Does anyone have any more info on this? Have opened support ticket but no response as yet.

2 answers

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2015

If anyone Else Hits this error:

Google apps and JIRA authentication are housed separately, and from time to time updates or renewals to the google API will disable the connection and need to be renewed, so if the Google Apps connection stops working for any reason you can log into JIRA directly with username and password from the Login portal.

Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 6.52.54 PM.png

A Site Admin can log in to the google apps administration section: https://<BASE_URL>.atlassian.net/admin/googleapps

Disconnect and re-connect to google to re-establish the connection and refresh the google Api association

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

If there is no response, escalate it. Highest priority.

Garreth McDaid August 18, 2015

Escalated well over an hour ago, still no response.

Suggest an answer