Good morning Team Atlassian, my question relates to creating a Confluence page from a JIRA issue.

Travis Faure August 25, 2022

How do we create a Confluence Page from a JIRA issue using JIRA server. To me this is the Holy Grail of automations. I work in a large government organisation and I've tried asking the organisational JIRA team, no luck and I've asked around here at work. 

The user scenario is that some information provided by a Task, Sub task or even EPIC or initiative could be beneficial in our Confluence Knowledge Base. I have an idea for these issues deemed relevant and a candidate for an Confluence page we might in the lable us the 'KB' stands for Knowledge Base, so in the Automation rules I can call when this label equals 'KB' then create the Confluence Page.

Ok, I have look at your sites and I see the logic, but most of it applies to JIRA Cloud. So appreciate any advice you have for me.

Kind regards

Travis F. 

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Travis Faure 

Unfortunately in the On-premise version, there is no native feature available from Jira to create the Confluence Page. 

Wherever you would find the KB label in Jira Issue, you will have to manually link it with the Confluence Page which should be created prior

You could also use any add-ons such as Scriptrunner, Automation for Jira (Free in 9.0+ Version) for the same to meet your requirements

Example here --> https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-To-Create-Confluence-page-with-Jira-Issue/qaq-p/1214147

Thanks,
Pramodh

Travis Faure August 25, 2022

Hi Pramodh, thank you for your prompt response regards 

Like Pramodh M likes this

Suggest an answer