Good day - My customer is unable to view all their issues that they have reported in Jira.

Ugandren Peter February 5, 2019

On the customer portal, my client has logged  tickets/requests, but is only able to view 7. How can we fix this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Ugan

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2019

Hi Peter,

Customer can use filter in order to see all his resolved tickets. By default he can see just his open tickets.

image.png

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Ugandren Peter February 5, 2019

Hi Fabio

I am talking about his "Open" tickets. Below is a screen shot of what he is able to see, only "7" tickets - but he has created/reported "13" which are open - How is that possible?

image.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2019

Hi Peter,

please could you try to perform a reindex at project level? Moreover, could you check the permission scheme in order to figure out if user has capability to see those 6 tickets?

Ciao,

Fabio

Ugandren Peter February 6, 2019

Hi Fabio

My answers in "bullet form"

please could you try to perform a reindex at project level? 

• Please assist me as to how do i go about performing a reindex.

Moreover, could you check the permission scheme in order to figure out if user has capability to see those 6 tickets?

• No clue as to how to go about checking the permission scheme.

Sorry, i am new to Jira, only using it for about 6 months now.

Kind regards,

Ugan

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2019

Hi Peter,

Project Reindexing

image.png

Permission Scheme

Check if customer respect browse issue permission in the related permission scheme associated to the project

Ugandren Peter February 6, 2019

Dashboard 1.PNGDashboard 2.PNG

I dont find "project index" anywhere on my dashboard. 

Ugandren Peter February 8, 2019

Hi Fabio,

Awaiting your feedback please.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ugan

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2019

Hi Peter,

are you on cloud or on premise instance? 

I am on Cloud.

Thanks.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2019

On cloud you can't do that. Please, check user permission in order to figure out if he can see the other 6 ticket missing on the portal.

Check if "reporter" has "Browse project" permission on the related permission scheme associated to you project.

Fabio

If reporter is not selected under "Browse Project" then i should proceed to select it? Will that then solve the issue?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2019

It could, but this is an investigation. I haven't visibility about your project configuration, business requirements and so on.

Ok i will try that. 

I have another similar question. In my Project, i have a list of names under my "Customer Organization" - The "Customer" in discussion is not the "Reporter" of "Issues" but would like a view of the issues on the "Project", but also cannot view any issues - How can that be fixed?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ugan

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2019

If he is not the reporter he can't see the request. In order to see a request, he should be added as partecipant

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/adding-request-participants-732528959.html

Ciao,

Fabio

Suggest an answer