Globally changing the "My Changes" for all users

Karl Bagci April 17, 2013

Hi guys,

How can I enable the "My Changes: Nofiy Me" option for all users in our organisation without having to go into each account manually?

Is this possible?

Thanks

Karl.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

I am afraid this can't be done globally. Perhaps you could inform the users to turn it off individually. Anyway, perhaps you could raise this as feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com which is our issue tracker.

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2013

In addition to Josua comment, although you cannot force to turn on for all the users, but you can tweak it to turn on for new users then advise them not to set it on.

To configure the default user preferences, you can go to:
Adminsitration > Users > User Preferences > Notify users of their own changes? and set to NO.

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

For OnDemand this is not possible. But for all who find this question and need an answer for their own installed JIRA, it's possible to use the Script Runner plugin and this script:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.user.preferences.PreferenceKeys

def userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()
def preferencesManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserPreferencesManager()

userManager.getUsers().each { user ->
    preferencesManager.getPreferences(user).setBoolean(PreferenceKeys.USER_NOTIFY_OWN_CHANGES, true) 
}

Henning

Suggest an answer