Global transition in workflow does not work

Marcel Plomp (inactive) January 17, 2013

I have made a workflow with one global transition named close. This transition does work for all statuses except one.

From the status approved it is not possible to close the issue. The status has only the global transition as outgoing.

The transition is not shown on the issue screen. Why does this not work? All the permissions are OK.

When I add a normal outgoing transition close issue to the status approved (outgoing transion with the same name close is not possible), suddenly the global trasition *and* the new transition appear on the issue screen.

And they both work as designed.

How come? What is going wrong? What is the best way to solve this problem. Or is it a bug?

There is no need to add an other outgoing transition from status approved to any other status. Transition to close is sufficient.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2013

Hi Marcel,

In this case, I believe it is better to raise an issue at http://support.atlassian.com and attach your backup or at least your workflow to the issue, as we will need to take a look at your data to understand exactly what is happening.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Suggest an answer