Global transition in workflow does not work

I have made a workflow with one global transition named close. This transition does work for all statuses except one.

From the status approved it is not possible to close the issue. The status has only the global transition as outgoing.

The transition is not shown on the issue screen. Why does this not work? All the permissions are OK.

When I add a normal outgoing transition close issue to the status approved (outgoing transion with the same name close is not possible), suddenly the global trasition *and* the new transition appear on the issue screen.

And they both work as designed.

How come? What is going wrong? What is the best way to solve this problem. Or is it a bug?

There is no need to add an other outgoing transition from status approved to any other status. Transition to close is sufficient.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Marcel,

In this case, I believe it is better to raise an issue at http://support.atlassian.com and attach your backup or at least your workflow to the issue, as we will need to take a look at your data to understand exactly what is happening.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

184 views 1 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you