Global rank? Can this field be used to assign and udpate global rank of each issue?

takeshi sasaki May 9, 2012

Can the global rank field be used to have unique ranking for each issue posted in JIRA?

- Global = within a sigle project?

- When the ranking of an issue is updated, will the ranking of other issues be adjusted accordingly?

--> For example, I have three issues. A with rank 1, B with rank 2, C with rank 3. I decide to update C's rank to 2. If I do that, will the end result automatically be A=1, B=3 and C=2 ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2012

Hi Takeshi,

The global rank field is a field that is used by Greenhopper to order the issues on the boards. You cannot manually edit this field it has to be done by Greenhopper (drag and droppping issues in a specific order)
Indeed this is done in every project, this cannot be done across projects.

I hope this answers your question, you can read the following page which explains more about ranking: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Ranking+an+Issue

takeshi sasaki May 14, 2012

Is there any predefined field with such an attribute, without using Greenhopper?

Suggest an answer