Global Transition which I can bring up a screen for logging work from any State

Ram Muddam August 8, 2016

In JIRA, I have a few plugins installed, including Script runner and JIRA Misc workflow, etc.

I am implementing the plugin, "JIRA Role based Estimations and Tracking". In that plugin, I need to create a screen, which displays the logged work fields. This plugin does not use the regular logged work fields.

I want to be able to call up this screen from any status (except Closed), using a transition, which will bring up the screen and then go back to the same status. But I do not want to be creating this transition individually for each status in the workflow.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Additional plugins workflow related
  • Groovy scripting for auto transitioning and going back to the previous state

I will be able to use this in many other areas as well.

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

You don't need any add-ons, this is possible out of box. This was added sometime after 5.0. The functionality to create these was missing between JIRA 6.3 and JIRA 6.4.4. Something like that.

Edit a workflow. Navigate to the GUI editor. Press +Transition. Select ANY STATUS for the from field and ITSELF for the to field.

Voila, you now have a no-result transition.

Ram Muddam August 10, 2016

Thank you for your prompt response. Saved me a lot of time.

Ram Muddam August 10, 2016

One more question: In this Transition to Self, how can I conditionally not show it, when the issue is in a particular status?

I know you can have a conditional clause, but how do I restrict it to not show for one status.

Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

You do need an add-on for that.

The free add-on (avaliable for BOTH Server and Cloud) JSUTIL provides a condition. The Value Field Condition allows you to specify conditions to show or not show an action.

I would add the Value Field Condition with a condition of Status != Your Status

Ram Muddam August 12, 2016

Thank you again for your response and it is exactly what I was looking for.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2016

Excellent, no problem. smile

Suggest an answer