I am working on JIRA for some time but very limited at some areas and I want to get FULL adminstrator permissions (TOTAL) when login to my account.
How do I do that?
I am already listed as an admin but like I said there are options I don't see and sometimes I even get a "you don't have permission" message when I tries to log in to more advance admin configurations.
It's very very important for my project.
My admin knows about this but is also pretty lost on how and where to do it.
There are two levels of "Admin" access on JIRA - JIRA admin and System admin.
It sounds like you are a JIRA Admin (System admins have all admin abilities, JIRA admins less)
To become a full system admin, you need to get another system admin to add you to the group(s) named in the "global permissions" section of the administrative functions. Ask your other admin to look in there.
Note that you will not get system admin rights on a Cloud installation of JIRA
Thanks. That solve the problem.
I have a few more issues I need help with:
For 1 and 2, you've got a broken system. Someone has added a resolution called "unresolved" into the list of resolutions and that has broken it. To fix this:
For the rest
3. Yes, check the workflow allows it and add the transitions you need to enable it
4. Again, workflows, add "conditions" to the transitions to stop users using the transtions for close and reject
5. Look at the "screen schemes" - they contain the lists of screens that are used when you create, edit and view an issue, and you'll want to modify the issue view screens
6. Look at the permissions. If a user has "browse" in a project, they can see it. If you remove their browse permission, it vanishes in all ways.
Thanks for the quick reply.
1. I have only 4 resolutions - none of them is "unresolved". When I open an issue I automatically set it as "Open" but after I create it I see "unresolved" under the resolution tab. As a matter of fact I don't have a "unresolved" selection option when I create a new issue. Very weird.
5. screen schemes doesn't allow me to choose which specific details will be displayed when I review an issue. Do I need to create a new scheme for this? I tried to edit one of the existing schemes but I didn't see where I can change it.
Ah, ok, I've jumped to the wrong conclusion. Unresolved will always be displayed when the resolution is empty, there's nothing wrong there. The problem is the "resolved date" will only be set when the resolution changes from <empty> to <something>. So it sounds like you have set the resolution to something when creating the issue. There's no other way to set that date without scripting or addons breaking it, so I'm a bit stuck on where that is coming from. On 5 - yes they do, they give you the list of fields that will be displayed on issue view. You need to work out which scheme is in place for the project / issue type and descend into it to find the list of fields it is presenting on the issue "view". Bear in mind that is just the Jira issue view, there are other ways to see issues, in the navigator, as agile cards, etc, and that the Jira issue view will always display the valid system fields (issue type, key, summary etc)
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot