Giving customer access to Internal tickets

SPS Support September 7, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring the customer portal

How can i give a customer on a portal access to view tickets that we raise internally?  We have a customer on a portal but they can not see tickets that we raise internally and they can't see the ticket references for any of the tickets...even the ones they create?

2 answers

5 votes
Pavel Zubov September 15, 2016

Hi!

I see that you are using JIRA Service Desk for processing customers' requests. As an alternative to this solution, you can try Customer Case add-on for JIRA Cloud. With this extension you'll get a customer portal on the basis of your JIRA instance. Your portal may host private and shared feedback forums. So you can create a forum with restricted access for your team and here manage all their feedback. At any moment you can open it for shared access, so your customers will be able to view and vote for features.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/customer-case-for-jira/cloud/overview 

0 votes
Support September 29, 2016

I had the same problem. All requests created internally via "Create" and selecting the right reporter were not visible to the customer. 

My solution is to use the function "Raise a request" and then choose the customer in the field "Raise this request on behalf of". 

Suggest an answer