Giving Users Access to Particular Project(s)

Masum Abdul December 22, 2015

We have been trying to create a couple of users and give them access to a single or multiple projects so they can only see those and log tasks/issues. I tried to set it up by creating a new user group and giving that user group "Can sign in' permission (under JIRA Software). I then assigned a user to this group. I then went into 'Default Tempo Team' and allowed that user to a project. However, when I log in as that user, it shows some the 'Software' projects (no business type projects) but more interestingly, it doesn't show the only project I granted this user access to. 

Please note, the group I created for this is a new user group and I only assigned this user to that group. 

Anyway, I have spent quite a bit of time on this but couldn't get it to work. Please advise what I am not doing right and how I can get it working. 

Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2015

Have a look at the permission schemes for the project(s) you are trying to let these users into.

Concentrate on the "Browse project" rule - what does that say?  For example, If it says "group: kittens", then only members of the kittens group can see the project, so you need to add these new users to that group, or add other rules to the permission scheme to allow them in.

How are you making these users match those rules?  Yes, they need to log in, but what are the other groups/roles they need to be in for these projects?

Suggest an answer