Give access for my customer to watch how is the issues going

Denis Galvão July 21, 2016

Hi fellows.

Is there a way to let my customer acces some issues, stories, epics of my sprints? We use JIRA to take care of the issues for our software. i've created a project for this software. We have some customers that request some features and they want to know the progress of them. Is this possible to give them a way to access only some issues and generate reports to let them know about the progress and forecast to deliver the issues/tasks?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2016

JIRA has lots of ways to do this.

If they only have Browse Permissions for instance, they can only View or browse the issues. So, if you only want them to see specific projects, you can use Roles and Permissions.

Now if you want them to only see a subset of issues within a single project, then you need to start using Issue Security. This lets you set levels on an issue, such as Private and Public, or Assignee and Assignee and Team.

There's a lot of ways to implement the systems, they are flexible.

Suggest an answer