Git commit with Valid Jira issue code

Latha Sama May 19, 2014

I am able to write an update which allows the the format of the PROJECT-###: <message> in commit and if it misses it throws oout the ERROR. Now I am looking to make sure the PROJECT-### is valid Jira issue number (as It takes any number which is not a valid number)

Need Help

2 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

Commit Policy Plugin verifies not only the syntactical correctness of JIRA issue keys, but also check them against a JQL query!

See:

Edit Commit Policy.png

This is the relevant part of the documentation: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-commit-policy-plugin/documentation/#issue-in-jql-result-condition

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

You need to write a Git pre-commit hook for your repositories. Or if you are using Stash, write one for it.

Latha Sama May 20, 2014

I need the shell to validate the Jira ticket number. I have already written the hook with does take the format of the ticket but does not validate with Jira if the ticket exists or not.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

Extend your script to make the call to JIRA then. If the response code is anything other and a 2xx or a 3xx, you know you've got a invalid issue key.

Suggest an answer