Getting too much email - have autowatch disabled

Frank_Spafford April 10, 2014

I have autowatch disabled, but still receive notices about changes to a JIRA item where I am the reporter!

Would this happen if I created an item before autowatch was disabled?
If so, how do I disable notices from the specific JIRA item?

Would this happen if I created an item after autowatch was disabled?

(I would like to receive notifications only when I add myself to the watch list.)

I am using the online version, JIRA v6.3-OD-02-026, and have "normal" user privileges.

Regards,

Frank

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2014

Hi Frank,

you need to update the workflow notification scheme(s) associated to your project(s).

More details availables here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

Moreover, you can edit user profile and set "My Changes" to not notify me, so you don't receive notification for you own update.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Frank_Spafford April 10, 2014

I don't have JIRA administrators global permission, so I am wondering what is required to remove my name as the reporter?

And is it possible for me to create a JIRA item without being named as the reporter?

Thanks,

Frank

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2014

Hi Frank,

you can perform a bulk operation in order to update all the issues in which you are reporter. Btw, my suggestion is to ask your JIRA Administrator to setup a specific workflow notification scheme so that issue reporte will be not notified for specific events.

Regards,

Fabio

0 votes
Marco Mancuso
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2014

Hello Frank,

all the items created before you disabled the autowatch still contain your user as watcher so you should remove yourself from the watchers of each ticket if you do NOT want to be notified.

You should NOT be a watcher anymore for the newly created items.

You should also verify the notification scheme for the project because you are still a reporter of the ticket and the default notification scheme is configured to notify the reporter for each event.

I hope this helps.

Marco

Suggest an answer