Getting this error while installing jira on Centos Linux with mysql integration?

Najam July 29, 2013

HTTP Status 500 - com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, ENTITY_NAME, ENTITY_ID, PROPERTY_KEY, propertytype FROM PUBLIC.propertyentry WHERE ENTITY_NAME=? AND ENTITY_ID=? (Table 'PUBLIC.propertyentry' doesn't exist)

8 answers

0 votes
simoncpu October 29, 2013

WTF. I think I erased the license when I deleted the config. Please backup your data before doing this. :-/

0 votes
simoncpu October 29, 2013

I had the same problem when I switched my DB from the internal HSQL to MySQL. I solved the problem with the steps described at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA061/Switching+Databases

(i.e., I erased dbconfig.xml and restarted JIRA)

0 votes
John Hartman August 28, 2013

Did you figure out what was wrong? I'm having the same problem.

0 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2013

Hi Najam,

Is this a fresh installation or are you trying to import a backup file?

Are you using an empty database to this installation?

Regards,

Celso Yoshioka

0 votes
Najam July 29, 2013

yes i have pointed to a valid mysql database

0 votes
Najam July 29, 2013

Celso i followed step by step to configure it.....i have mysql version 5.5.30

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

Hi Najam,

Can you confirm if you have pointed JIRA to a valid MySQL database?

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

0 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2013

Hi there,

Which mysql version are you using?

We have a documentation about mysql/JIRA integratation that can be found on this link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+MySQL

Have you tried the steps on the documentation?

If you follow the documentation and it does not work, please open a ticket attaching the JIRA logs on it.

Regards,

Celso Yoshioka

Suggest an answer