Getting "unlabeled-ABC-123" epic link during csv project import

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

We are importing a project using CSV importer. I have a column that I've mapped to Epic Link. As long as the Epics are imported prior to the those issues that link to them, it works fine. So I have an issue of type Epic, it's early in the spreadsheet and gets the issue id ABC-3. I know it's the 3rd row in the spreadsheet so I put "ABC-3" in the Epic Link columns for those subsequent issues that are part of that epic. All works great. When I go to ABC-3 I see the list of all linked stories.

The only thing that's weird is that the name of the Epic Link is "unlabeled-ABC-3". Why is that? Can I get rid of the prepended "unlabeled-" ?

2 answers

0 votes
amanbajwa September 19, 2017

Update the "epic name" in the epic.

0 votes
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

Hi,

This really sounds strange, I'd like to look into it more carefully. Could you be so kind and provide a sample of your import file here or via JIM Project (https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM) and share your JIRA/JIRA Agile version number? I'm having difficulties with reproducing this problem on my local JIRA.

By the way, please note that CSV Importer is sorting the input file before executing - it's always creating epics first. It's necessary for JIRA Agile to be able to correctly link issues during import. So if you have Epic in the middle of your file it will be pulled up.

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2014
origin-Don't Map,id SORT BY,Issue-Key,status,Date Modified,description,reporter,priority,Date Created,component,Stage,summary,milestone,assignee,issue type,sprint,resolution,Epic Link,EPIC - don't map,story points,label,label,label,label,label,label
epics,1,VAPAAAA-1,,,1 a description,you,,,,,EPIC 1: INGEST,,me,Epic,,,,,,,,,,,
epics,2,VAPAAAA-2,,,2 a description,you,,,,,EPIC 2: LIST,,me,Epic,,,,,,,,,,,
epics,3,VAPAAAA-3,,,3 a description,you,,,,,EPIC 3: MAP,,me,Epic,,,,,,,,,,,
epics,10,VAPAAAA-10,,,10 a description,you,,,,,EPIC 10: TRACKER,,me,Epic,,,,,,,,,,,
backlog,266,VAPAAAA-266,new,2013-06-11 16:32:47.884688+00:00,266 a description,you,,2013-03-25 18:41:36+00:00,,,266replaced Summary,,me,User Story,,,VAPAAAA-10,EPIC 10: TRACKER,,Tracker,,,,,
backlog,268,VAPAAAA-268,new,2014-01-08 20:14:18.517253+00:00,268 a description,you,Medium,2013-03-25 18:45:02+00:00,,,268replaced Summary,,me,User Story,,,VAPAAAA-3,EPIC 3: MAP,1,Tracker,,,,,

Sample above. thanks!

Matt Brown May 20, 2016

Hi, was there ever any resolution to this?  I'm seeing the same problem, here's my CSV (the

Type,Priority,Component,Epic Name,Epic Link,Summary,Description

Story,Major,Austin,This is my epic name,SPEC-3402,Bulk Import Test,Test test

Matt Brown May 20, 2016

Hi all,

I'm going to reply with the resolution in case others run into this.  The problem isn't with the CSV import at all.  The problem is the Epic itself does not have an "Epic Name" in it, hence the "unlabeled-..." epic label in the backlog.

Matt.

Suggest an answer