Getting "NOTE: You do not have the permission to move one or more of the selected issues." when trying to move the issue.

Kesava Bharathi Mahalingam February 12, 2016

I am getting the below note when trying to move an issue:

NOTE: You do not have the permission to move one or more of the selected issues.

But. when I try to move a different issue I am not getting this note and I am able to move. Please note that both the issues are from the same project, status and workflow. Not sure what I am missing here. Please help.

In the logs, I see this Info:

2016-02-12 11:14:43,576 http-bio-8083-exec-2226 INFO <username> 674x12066220x1 b355am 10.3.226.152,127.0.0.1 /secure/views/bulkedit/BulkMigrateDetails.jspa [atlassian.jira.security.WorkflowBasedPermissionManager] MOVE_ISSUES not granted by 'denied' workflow permission
2016-02-12 11:14:43,576 http-bio-8083-exec-2226 INFO <username> 674x12066220x1 b355am 10.3.226.152,127.0.0.1 /secure/views/bulkedit/BulkMigrateDetails.jspa [atlassian.jira.security.WorkflowBasedPermissionManager] MOVE_ISSUES granted by permission scheme but DENIED by workflow

There are no workflow properties "denied" set on the workflow. Also, compared the two issues in the database and all values (like issue type, status, workflow..etc) are simillar

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2016

Check the permissions - specifically the "move" permission in the source project and that you have create permission in the target.

Hi Nic,

The source and the target are the same project and I am the admin and have the move and create permissions. Also, I don't get the "Next" button when I try to move the issue using "More > Move". Also, the issue is only with few issues and not all issues of the same project, issue type and status.

Thanks,

Kesava.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2016

Ok, let's get a closer look at the permissions and some other bits. You're using "move" to change the issue type I assume (as you say "same project")?

Could you tell us what the permission for the project says on the "move" line only?  And what are the issue types involved in the to and from, and if they have different workflows?

Yes, I am using "move" to change the issue type. Both the "Move Issues" and "Create Issues" has the permissions for admin role in which I am part of. I am trying to move from "Service Request" to "Project" issue type and yes, they have different workflows.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2016

Sorry for the delayed response.

Could you take a look at the workflow in detail please - check the status of the issue that cannot be moved, and specifically look at the status/step properties.  Are there any on there?  Same check for the status you're trying to move to.

Kesava Bharathi Mahalingam February 16, 2016

Hi Nic, I have verified all the status/step properties for both source and destination, and there are no workflow properties set.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2016

I'm afradi the only way to get the error message you are seeing is through step properties.  So it has to be one of them.

Kesava Bharathi Mahalingam February 16, 2016

No, there are no properties set. And, the main thing to note here is that I am able to move few other issues from the same status and project. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2016

You can move others because they're using workflows that do not have properties set.

There is one other thing it might be - could you run the integrity checker and scan for workflow issues?

Kesava Bharathi Mahalingam February 19, 2016

Thanks Nic. The other issues I mentioned are from the same issue type  using the same workflow. Also, I tried the integrity checker, but it did not help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2016

Ok, I'm afraid we're going to need to see screenshots - one issue that does let you move it and another that does not. 

Suggest an answer