Getting libjvm.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc during Jira Upgrade

Help Nutrimetics March 14, 2016

I am trying the upgrade process and have downloaded the appropriate bin for 32 Bit CentOS.

when I execute the bin file, shortly after I get libjvm.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc.

The process then stops.  Any recommendations?

2 answers

0 votes
Help Nutrimetics March 14, 2016

Thanks for that.  I tried changing the Seliux context but didn't work.  The full error I get is

Unpacking JRE ... Starting Installer ... Error: dl failure on line 893 Error: failed /usr/local/jira7.1.1.bin.17701.dir/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so, because /usr/local/jira7.1.1.bin.17701.dir/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

What I'm intrigued about is the bath it is trying to work on must be a path that it is trying to create during the installation as it doesn't exist.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2016

Yes, it does look like it's trying to access something that's not yet there.

This sounds (and feels) a bit wrong, but could you try disabling SELinux during installation.  That would be temporary, and I'd be happier if your network was disconnected while doing it, but I think it might need trying.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2016

Not enough information - we need the full error message - the first two or three lines, not just the part of the first line you have given here.

But, I'm guessing the rest of it starts with "permission denied"?  If so, then there's a very good chance that SELinux is blocking the execution, and you need to fix that.  I'm really not an SELinux expert, so I don't know if this is the right answer, beyond the "it has worked for me" criteria

restorecon /yourjavainstallation/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so

Or

chcon -t textrel_shlib_t /yourjavainstallation/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so

Suggest an answer