Getting issues not in favorite filters

ghiyasimehr April 26, 2014

Hi all,

How can I find issues which aren't in any favorite filters?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ghiyasimehr May 2, 2014

Now it is only possbile via writing new plugin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2014

I think you would be far better off examing why you think you need this.

I can only imagine two uses for it - first that your data is a mess and your users don't really understand how it works, or second, you've been turning off the built in filters and reporting, making it difficult for your users to find things effectively.

I'd spend some time working out why you want something that seems to be completely useless, or better done by actually thinking about what you're doing.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2014

Search for them.

If you really mean what you've said and you want to go looking for issues that are not in your favourite filters, then you will need to build a filter that combines all your favourite filters logic together and then says "not"

Remember though, filters are built and modified by users according to their day to day needs, and filters are not really designed for what you've said, they are for finding things directly. I suspect you've actually got a problem with your process or usage of Jira, and it's probably a lot better to fix that than scrabble around with torturous filtering.

Could you explain *why* you're askinf for this?

ghiyasimehr April 27, 2014

I use JIRA for team work monitoring. I have 5 complex filters. I want to create a filter to monitor issues not in favorite filters.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2014

That's just restating the question and adds nothing.

WHY do you want this? What's the purpose? If you did it, why would a user actually want to do it

Suggest an answer