Getting issue properties in bulk via the Rest API

Daniel Becroft July 8, 2019

We have recently moved from Jira Server to Jira Cloud, and one of the add-ons we used was the Role Based Time Tracking. This allowed us to assign individuals to particular roles for an issue, as well as separate estimates for each role (specifically development v testing).

In Jira Server, these were stored as Custom Fields, which I could retrieve in bulk using a filter and `&fields=customfield_1,customfield_2` etc.

With the move to Jira Cloud, these items are now stored as properties, and are available throught the `issue/<key>/properties/assigneeByRoleEntries` and `issue/<key>/properties/timeTrackingByRoleEntries` properties.

My problem is that I can only retrieve these values one-by-one (so 2 calls per issue), and I can't seem to find a way to retrieve all these properties in bulk.

Is this possible at all through the REST API?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Becroft July 10, 2019

The solution provided by @Abhinav Ojha , the API call is as follows:

/rest/api/2/search?startAt=0&maxResults=100&properties=timeTrackingByRoleEntries,assigneeByRoleEntries&jql=" + jql
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

Thanks for sharing the solution @Daniel Becroft ! :) 

1 vote
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2019

Hi @Daniel Becroft ,

Are using the Time Tracking & Estimation add-on for Jira Cloud or any other add-on?

In case you are using this add-on, then I can see that @Abhinav Ojha used to answer these threads and maybe by mentioning him in here we increase the chances to get a reply.

Another option, in case of no reply, would be to open a support request with the add-on vendor by

1. Go to https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213605/tracking-estimation-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=support (or, if you are using a different add-on, the support tab for the marketplace page of the add-on you are using)
  2. Click on: Submit a support request

Cheers,
Dario

Daniel Becroft July 10, 2019

Thanks @Dario B that is the plugin that we're using. I've just logged a support request with them to see if they have any ideas.

Like Dario B likes this
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2019

Hi @Daniel Becroft

Apologies for the delay. Having less support team to spare to keep track of these threads, we have centralized our support using Atlassian Servicedesk to serve the clients like you in the best possible way. We have received your ticket now and we will try to solve your queries ASAP.

Thank you @Dario B for the reply and helping us out. We will try our best to track these threads as well. 

Regards,

Abhinav

Like Dario B likes this

Suggest an answer