Getting error when starting JIRA

Alok kumar Singh April 7, 2013

I was using mysql databased then just to test I changed to default hsqldb. Now when I am trying to go back to the same configuration I am getting error.

Apr 8, 2013 4:53:36 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStop

SEVERE: Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextDestroyed(LauncherContextListener.java:169)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:4831)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stopInternal(StandardContext.java:5478)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:232)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:160)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1559)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1549)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

Hi Alok,

java.lang.NullPointerException is a very generic error, you'll probably find more details about this issue into the file atlassian-jira.log, which is located at JIRA_Home directory.

Also, could you give more details about how have you made this database change? Was it through JIRA configuration tool?

Cheers

Suggest an answer