Getting access to subtask order ids

Peter Edwards April 9, 2013

It appears I cannot get access to the subtask order id which is displayed against each subtask when looking at a parent issue (in JIRA 4.3.4 at least).

This causes me issues because I extract data to Excel to work with but am unable to maintain the order I have set in JIRA.

Is there any way of getting to the subtask order ids?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Edwards May 15, 2013

It appears there is no solution for what I'm after which I find surprising given I would have thought it was a logical thing.

2 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013

Not sure if it meets your need exactly, but somebody has a solution at this answer post: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/155275/order-of-subtasks-within-a-parent-task?page=1#155316

Peter Edwards May 15, 2013

Thanks Danielle but not the same issue.

Matt Trachier March 15, 2016

That answer is not the same, it allows you to change the sub-task order on the page as you look at it, but not access the order id. I have a similar problem where I am trying to build a query which will appear in confluence, but my subtask order is random. I need to be able to sort the subtasks in the same priority as they appear in JIRA.

Suggest an answer