• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Getting Top viral/trending issues from REST API call

Hi, is there a Rest API call to get issues which has highest comments and return top 10 issues in results with comments ?

2 answers

0 votes
Prince Nyeche Community Leader Dec 17, 2020

Hi @Krishna Desai 

Welcome to Community! Not particularly, but there are different APIs, so using a combination of those, will get you the solution you're looking for.

Hi, Thanks for the prompt response.. :-) I am new to JIRA REST APIs, need help in guiding me on which APIs can I use to get top viral posts/issues ? 

Prince Nyeche Community Leader Dec 29, 2020

Hey @Krishna Desai 

There's no API for such, you will need to come up with the logic in your application in order to achieve such. Alternatively, you could search in Atlassian Marketplace to check if there's any existing add-on that relates to what you're searching for.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Dec 24, 2020

Hi Krishna,

the REST API in that sense is just a very powerful "set of tools you can use (like a big toolbox in your storeroom)".
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.13.1/

But there is no endpoint available that would address what you are looking for.
All the logic, code and what else comes along with it would be needed to be done on your own.

You could search around Community if something similar has been requested in the past (I cannot remember, to be honest).

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you