Getting Top viral/trending issues from REST API call

Krishna Desai December 16, 2020

Hi, is there a Rest API call to get issues which has highest comments and return top 10 issues in results with comments ?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2020

Hi Krishna,

the REST API in that sense is just a very powerful "set of tools you can use (like a big toolbox in your storeroom)".
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.13.1/

But there is no endpoint available that would address what you are looking for.
All the logic, code and what else comes along with it would be needed to be done on your own.

You could search around Community if something similar has been requested in the past (I cannot remember, to be honest).

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Krishna Desai 

Welcome to Community! Not particularly, but there are different APIs, so using a combination of those, will get you the solution you're looking for.

Krishna Desai December 18, 2020

Hi, Thanks for the prompt response.. :-) I am new to JIRA REST APIs, need help in guiding me on which APIs can I use to get top viral posts/issues ? 

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2020

Hey @Krishna Desai 

There's no API for such, you will need to come up with the logic in your application in order to achieve such. Alternatively, you could search in Atlassian Marketplace to check if there's any existing add-on that relates to what you're searching for.

Suggest an answer