Getting List of Issues relating to all EPICs in a project

Anand Vardhan January 3, 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to get list of issues associated with all the EPICs in a project. Following is the query which I ran:

project in (GM-WMS) and issuetype in (EPIC) and createdDate > = "2019/01/01".

If i extract all the datas in cs, I get only related issues and not list of issues relating to EPICs. Is there a way to get list of all the issues in individual EPICs?

2 answers

0 votes
Andrej Freeze _ greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

Hey @Anand Vardhan

I'm afarid I do not know of a solution without installing an App. But installing ScriptRunner for Jira you are receiving an additional search dialogue. In this, you can use the enhanced ScriptRunner JQL Functions for example "issueFunction in issuesInEpics('GM-WMS-123')". This will return all issues, that belong to an Epic that has the Key GM-WMS-123. You can try it out with a trial license and test whether that helps you.

Cheers,

Andrej from greenique

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

You should probably try one of the traceability addons.

Suggest an answer