Getting Jira issues to show in Confluence

Scott Genevish September 2, 2014

I'd like to display a list of Jira issues in Confluence. I have it working fine if users are logged into Confluence, but it doesn't work for anonymous users. I get:

"The JIRA Server was not able to process the search. This may indicate an issue with the syntax of this macro. Alternatively, if this table is requesting specific issue keys, you may not have permission to view one of these issues."

How can I get this to work? I have application links setup for Jira, but I'm a little confused with the options there so maybe I have it configured wrong.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2014

Hi Scott,

Even when your Confluence space is visible anonymously the JIRA issues will only be shown if they are also visible anonymously.

To do this you'll need to make your project(s) and the issues within them visible to anyone in the permission schemes and issue security schemes of your JIRA projects.

Best regards,

Peter

1 vote
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2014

Hey there,

then you have to publish this space for "All Users" and get the instance itself public.
And while setting up the Confluencelink within the issue/issuelist you should allow this to be
"
Viewable by All Users" as well.

Hope this can help.

Greets
Simon

Suggest an answer