Getting JIRA system information from command line

Praveen S January 5, 2014

I am trying to get JIRA system information from command line. I would like to monitor the Java VM memory statistics from a dashboard.

I am aware of JIRA CLI, but, dont see any options that would help me.

Any suggestions? I tried using wget, but, keep hitting into permission denied error eventhough I am an admin.

6 answers

0 votes
Praveen S January 6, 2014

@Norman: Yes it is enable, but I keep getting permission denied error.

@Bob: I wish JCLI would support it. I cant use jstat either because JIRA requires Oracle JDK only and not openJDK.

0 votes
ramesh_babu NA January 6, 2014

In addition to what Jobin said, long time ago I used Jconsole. Since Jira is running on Tomcat, enable Jconsole and make a call to that port and fed data to Traverse monitoring server .. to get detail graph.

look at the below site for Jconsole

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/monitoring.html

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

You are correct, JCLI does not have any options for JVM statistics.

0 votes

Thanks, I will check it.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

Is your "Accept Remote API calls" parameter enabled?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

You should try some monitoring tools. Maybe start with JMX monitoring or use tools like Nagios or NewRelic if you want more detailed monitoring!

Thanks, I did look at JMX. But, I would like to get raw data to tie it into our custom dashboards.

Suggest an answer