Getting Error on pom.xml

Pratyusha Kumar Tripathy June 12, 2014

Project build error: Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:5.0.2 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact com.sun:tools:jar:1.7.0 at specified path C:\Program Files
\Java\jre7/../lib/tools.jar

I'm stuck on the above error on pom.xml. How can I able to solve this problem.

Thanks In Advance

4 answers

0 votes
guy moore December 23, 2015

I had same error and just got rid of the error, but I did a bunch of things: I removed the .project and .settings file/directory at the top level of my plugin directory. I removed my Eclipse workspace directory. I restarted Eclipse. when I went to add an Installed JREs under Windows->Preferences->Java,, instead of picking java 8, I chose, java 6(not important), but, i think, more importantly, instead of choosing the head of the "jdk" I went one directory lower to the jre subdirectory. I chose this:c:/Program\ Files/Java/jdk6/jre/ rather than this: c/Program\ Files/Java/jdk6/ This would satisfy, whatever component that was trying to go to JAVA_HOME/../lib. Note, it wants to go above the JRE directory into a lib directory. That would only work if you have the JRE directory as a subdirectory of the JDK directory AND that you choose the JRE directory when setting up th e installed JREs path.

0 votes
Sri Kanth April 2, 2015

Hi, any of you were able to resolve this? if so, please post your answer. thx

0 votes
J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

Same error here

0 votes
Manjunath Kanakagiri August 5, 2014

I have this error too, but it does not stop me from running the Jira or its plugin.

Suggest an answer