Getting 'Error occurred while storing issue' upon a transition

steven rothenberg April 19, 2019

The workflow has been up an running for quite a while this just popped up.  No other transitions have shown this problem at this time, or at any time.  Not even sure where to start looking!

Thanks for your help ahead of time

Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2019

Hey Steve -

May need a little more context. Is this happening when you are trying to initially create an issue or is this happening further down the workflow.  Also, do you have access to your atlassian-jira.log file to see what error messages may be showing up in there?

-Ed

steven rothenberg April 19, 2019

Hi Ed -  Thanks for your reply and I have found the root of my problem.  I was using a groovy script to concatenate three input fields on the issue create form into one then replacing the Summary field on the issue.  This worked fine when this code was put into the Create transition.  After a while I thought it might be a good idea to put this script into every transition to regenerate the Summary field (which as I said is a concat of three fields that could be changed).  Apparently this was not appreciated by the other transitions and upon removal of the scripts, the transitions worked normally again.  The script by the way still works fine upon issue create

Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2019

cool - good to know!

Suggest an answer