Getting Error message while adding TFS4JIRA for cloud

Manish Prajapati August 20, 2014

We need to associate TFS check-ins with JIRA issues, so while developer check-in into TFS it should ask to associate a JIRA issue for a reference.

For this went to below link and click on the "Try in Cloud"

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.spartez.jira.plugins.bork.tfs4jira/versions?utm_source=SAC&utm_medium=dashboard

But getting below message:

You must signup for OnDemand before you can try an OnDemand Marketplace add-on. If you already have an OnDemand account please check that it is linked to your current username

I have created an Atlassian ID and also have a ondemand login. How to link these as message saying?

Also, is this the way to associate TFS check-in with JIRA issues, is there any guide/documentation to achieve this

Thanks for any help.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mateusz Zieliński August 28, 2014

Hi Manish,

I am glad that you installed and configured TFS4JIRA Synchronizator successfully.

As you mentioned, the Synchronizator application has to be available from public Internet if you want to use it with JIRA Cloud.

In case of any problems you are welcome to write to support@spartez.com.

Best Regards,
Mateusz Zieliński
Spartez

Manish Prajapati August 28, 2014

Thanks Mateusz.

I get with the system admin for having the sync app url to be public so Jira cloud can understand it and they asked me for the IP of Jira cloud. Can Jira give us an IP for which we can open a port for that IP?

Thanks..

0 votes
Mateusz Zieliński August 31, 2014

Hi Manish,

You need to open port for host tfs4jira-ondemand.spartez.com(IP: 85.25.236.241). Please note, that it is recommended to expose the synchronizer's web interface using SSL.

The communication between mentioned host and the synchronizer is encrypted with symmetric AES cipher so that your data remains secure.

Best Regards,
Mateusz

0 votes
Mateusz Zieliński August 21, 2014

Hello Manish,

I think plugins should be installed by the same person (using the same Atlassian ID account) that ordered JIRA OnDemand instance. Ask your JIRA OnDemand administrator to install TFS4JIRA.

Regarding your second question - you can use TFS4JIRA to associate TFS check-ins with JIRA issues. It is well documented in TFS4JIRA documentation.

Best Regards,
Mateusz Zieliński
Spartez

Manish Prajapati August 28, 2014

Thanks for your response Mateusz

We were able to install plug in for the TFS4JIRA on our Jira cloud instance.

Also, we were able to configure sync app and now I need to know that how to put the url of sync app on the Jira cloud.

On the Jira it asking for an External url on the Jira side for Sync app. How Jira cloud will know this Sync app. Do we need to expose this url to internet?

Thanks for your help..

Suggest an answer