Get transition Screen with Script Runner

Admin User September 19, 2017

Hello,

I want to show/hide some fields depending on some conditions on a transition screen.
The transition screen has the name i.e. "A" the view/edit screen which is connected to the project of the transition is called "B - view/edit".
I tried the following code to check if I am on the transition screen at the moment (because the fields are also on the view/edit screen, where they always should be shown) (The code is located on one field of the transition and view/edit screen)

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreenManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.screen.FieldScreen
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser

String currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser().getName()

if (getFieldScreen().name == "A")
{
}

With the log info I've checked the value of getFieldScreen().name, it is always "B - view/edit", even if I am at the transition screen :-(

Can anyone explain me how to chek why this check fails? Or what shoul I check to get the current screen? (transition screen)
I work with JIRA 7.1.2.

Thanks and kind regards
Katrin

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2017

Are you wanting to do this in a behaviour?

You can use behaviors to modify the visible/required fields on a screen. You can use a scripted transition to limit the behaviour to a particular workflow step, so that it's only applied on the relevant transition screen. You could add a script to a behaviour with something like:

if (getActionName() == "Transfer Ownership") {
def fieldToHide = getFieldByName("Some custom field I wish to hide")
def fieldToRequire = getFieldByName("Some custom field I wish to require")
fieldToHide.setHidden(true)
fieldToRequire.setRequired(true)
}
Manoj December 16, 2020

getActionName() contains the Workflow Status Name or the Transition name ? I tried both but doesn't seem to work. Can you please suggest.

0 votes
Admin User September 22, 2017

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your answer! That works for me. :-) The only problem now is the flickering of the fields :-/ (field is shown - behaviour script runs - field is hidden)  But this is something we can not solve here...

Thanks and regards

Katrin

M Vijay Kumar April 24, 2020

Hi All,

I need a transition Screen when I move from Backlog (Status A) to Sprint backlog (Status B).

Is there a way to achieve this. Any suggestion provided will be really helpful.

Suggest an answer