Get timeZone of the Server

Rosy Salameh August 14, 2014

Hello,

Is there a way to get the timeZone of the server where the instance Jira is installed through the code?

Thanks,

Rosy

2 answers

0 votes

Thanks Alexey.

I got it in a different method (easier one);

I transformed the date/time value of the customField into a Calendar Object and I used the method getTimeZone from that object like this:

Calendar calendarOfDateTimeCustomField = new GregorianCalendar(Integer.valueOf(year),Integer.valueOf(month)-1,Integer.valueOf(day),Integer.valueOf(hour),Integer.valueOf(minute),Integer.valueOf(second));

log.debug("currentServer TimeZone: " + calendarOfDateTimeCustomField.getTimeZone().getRawOffset());

where year, month, hour,... are parsed from customField.getValue(issue).

Thanks anyway for your prompt reactivity,
Rosy
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

I would not say this method is easier, but, if that works for you - it's fine) Please note that your code should be well commented to explain what are you doing if you plan to support it somehow.

Thanks Alexey for the feedback, well noted, however, I didn't comment it here because I'm just explaining the method that i used instead of getting the timezone of the server (just to inform you that I didn't have the chance to try the method in the link above and get back to you with the result).

Thanks,

Rosy

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Suggest an answer