Get the users / groups inside a security level using the JIRA REST API

PaulB October 18, 2017

I'm trying to recreate the access list system in JIRA according to project and issue for all the users. I'm already done with the issue view permission but from what I can see, I cannot get the users in a given security level in a given security scheme.

I can list the issue security level present in a project or its security scheme but I cannot get the users / groups inside it.

GET /rest/api/2/project/{projectKeyOrId}/issuesecuritylevelscheme is the one to call to get the security level scheme

GET /rest/api/2/project/{projectKeyOrId}/securitylevel is the one to list the security levels present in a project that the user ahs access to.

Old questions on the atlassian forums stated that it was impossible to get the users inside a security level. From an issue, I can get its security level so why the information is here if I can't connect it to anything else ? Actual link : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Retrieve-members-in-securitylevels/qaq-p/30357

I'm a bit lost currently on how to retrieve members from security level using the REST API

1 answer

1 vote
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

This looks currently to be an open item in suggestions for the jira team.

JRASERVER-65747

PaulB October 24, 2017

I saw that when I was searching, I'm currently using the Java Jira API to do this as it is the only solution for now

Suggest an answer