Get the resolution unresolved in Jira

Dominik Verdang September 16, 2013

How can I change the resolution to "unassigned" after a Issue was in the resolution "fixed".

If a Issue was once marked as resolution "fixed" there is never the value "unresolved" in the List of resolutions for this Issue.

Best regards

Dominik

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

hello Dominik Verdang,

you go to the workflow which you are using, edit it and add the postfunction 'Update Issue Field', in that select Resolution and set as None. Move down this postfunction at the end. Now you might see 'unresolved'.

Tank you :)

Petra Goldstein September 10, 2014

This might work for a workflow transition, but what about 'Edit'ing a bug? when opening the edit screen the default of 'Fixed' pops up, and if unnoticed (and that is the most common case) is impossible to undo. I'd like to simply leave it as what it was. If it was blank it should remain blank. Thanks

0 votes

Thanks a lot! It is working.

I did it like Jannu described it.

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

How can I change the resolution to "unassigned" after a Issue was in the resolution "fixed".

You mean change the resolution to "unresolved"?

I assume you can do this with a workflow. When issues are not resolved after all (failed test?), a post-trigger clear the value.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2013

You can add a post function to a transition (usually issue reopen) which will remove the resolution from the issue .

Suggest an answer