Get the hours worked to create invoice.

denton3121 April 25, 2013

I am using JIRA - the OnDemand service.

We want to be able to automate/ease our invoice creation process by extracting the hours worked per task our of JIRA. The time tracking plug ins seem way too advanced for our needs.

I researched this and saw that you can query the JIRA database with SQL and do this...but is that not possible in OnDemand because you can't install free plugins?

We have no option to view reports in JIRA (ie: Time Tracking report). Can we view reports or is that another paid add-in feature?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Actually you can use Tempo plugin, it does have this feature and in addition you can inquire all the hours using any of Tempo's reports

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

hi,

If Users have logged work for each of the task, then you can get it from JIRA filter.

denton3121 May 2, 2013

Thanks. I see the filters now. I am able to get a breakdown of cummulative hours worked by task. However, what I need is more breakdown on when the hours were logged, so I can create invoices faster instead of having to copy information from JIRA in MS Excel. It would be nice to get a datatable of:

User, Task ID, Date Logged, Hours Logged

instead of

User, Task ID, Total Hours Logged since creation

Suggest an answer