Get rid of Dropbox reminder

Valgardur Gudjonsson November 20, 2017

Does anyone know how to get rid of Dropbox reminder in my projects and issues for Jira cloud? I have connected to Dropbox but I have not connected (all) individual projects yet, as I don't need for now..

It is great to know that this is possible, and a menu item somewhere would be fine... but to have large part of my screen taken over by this reminder every time I open a project or a task! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

How is it that you have integrated your Jira Cloud with Dropbox?   I have not seen this specific integration yet.  

However if you're using a plugin for Jira in order to achieve this, then it reasons to raise this kind of request with the plugin vendor in question.  A quick search of our Marketplace, I found 3 different dropbox integrations.

If you can determine which one your Cloud instance is using it would help figure out who best to direct this question to.   If you are a Jira Admin in Jira you can go to the System gear icon -> Add-ons -> Manage Addons to see which your instance is running.

Regards,
Andy

Valgardur Gudjonsson November 21, 2017

thank you for your reply... I simply accepted constant reminders to connect Jira account to Dropbox, which is fine, and can be useful.. it is just the constant reminders, sometimes two on the same issue, both with a large box...

I am using Jira from Atlassian cloud, I thought this was exclusively a forum for this Atlassian's cloud service.

I have something called Official Dropbox App for Jira

I dont' want to disable the Dropbox option, I just don't want to stop the space consuming constant reminders. It is like the app programmer thinks the users are not very bright :)

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

From looking at that plugin's support page on our Marketplace, it looks like they have two different links you can use to reach out to them:

It is not clear to me if there is perhaps a configuration option within this plugin to do what you want or not.   In this case, I think it would help to reach out to the vendor that supports this plugin.  Even if there is not a way to currently do this, it would be a good idea to request their support for this kind of feature request.

Regards,
Andy

Valgardur Gudjonsson November 21, 2017

thanks, I was assuming this was an Atlassian plug-in / option...

Suggest an answer