Get list of tickets under epics linked to a story - how to?

Adam Snyder February 5, 2020

I would like to get a list filter view of a list of tickets that exist under epics linked to specific story tickets.

I am aware of this query:

issue in linkedIssues(issueKey)

And that's just fine and dandy, but it's not exactly what I need.

We have broad "feature" type story tickets that represent various aspects of a very large project.  Under those stories we have a series of Epics linked as 'related to' that story.  And then of course, in the Epics, we have the small sliced individual Dev and Data team actions to take.

It would be so cool to hit one query in Jira filters and get a list of all the tickets that are in the Epics that are linked to that Story.

Hope this makes sense (hah)... I have another way to do this that requires more manual maintaince that I dont really want to have to do, so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

Hello @Adam Snyder

This used to be possible with subFilters in queries. However, due to the performance of those queries, the support for them was dropped.

If you believe it's worth bringing back please raise a feature request ticket for it and rally the troops to get it upvoted :)

Suggest an answer